Friday, May 07, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

A filet crochet pillow top I designed for Annie's Attic back in the 90's.

Mother's Day has been hard for me since I lost my Mamma 7 years ago. For the first several years after she died, I didn't even want to think about Mother's Day.
But now, I focus on happy memories, and give thanks that I have my wonderful children and grandchildren to help me celebrate.
And I am also blessed to have my step mom (I don't even like to use that phrase), Sheila, who is so special to me. Since she married my dad over 25 years ago, she has always been there for me, through good times and bad, always loving, kind, and supportive. I am so grateful to have her in my life! I love you Sheila, Happy Mother's Day!
And Happy Mother's Day to you all!

2 comments:

eezelifeinbc said...

The pillow top is beautiful to go along with the beautiful words for your step Mom. Happy Mother's day to you also Ann!

crochethuahua said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day Ann!